Monday, April 19, 2010

The Fondant Cake- Trial Run "Happy Birthday Dawn"

I took the cake decorating class so I could move up and take the Fondant Cake Decorating Class. Little did I know the instructor was on vacation in April,  so no class. The baby shower I want to make the special cake for is May 8th so that was not going to work. I figured I could figure out the art using fondant so I tackled it and won.  I think I did a great job.

It so happened that my sister-in-law that I adore was having a Birthday on the 11th. I did a test run and created this cake for her. It was not as hard as I thought it would be but it was more work expected. I was so happy Dawn, my sister in law. loved , loved loved the cake and I'm so happy it made her feel so special to have a custom cake made just for her.


0 comments:

Post a Comment