Thursday, April 7, 2011

My Dream Closet

Oh what it would be like to have this "Dream Closet".  I have a house that the master bedroom does not have a walk in closet:(.  My husband and and I have been crammed in a long double door closet for 8 years.  I do have a closet with jacket in the hall and a craft room closet but that is filled with my craft stuff.  My closet has is so packed. I even have 2 dresser(full) and no more room to hang anything. Ok I admit I have to many clothes but I have already gone through them twice this year and given them away.  So my goal for spring break was to get my Summer clothes out and put away my Winter stuff.....oh wait I have an idea.  With my son and daughter in law moving out a couple of months ago, that freed up a walk in closet in the spare room.  Oh I am a happy girl.
Being inspired by my sister in law that has a custom home with a closet the size of my kitchen, I decided to make my dream closet in 2 parts.  My everyday clothes and shoes in my bedroom(Part 1) and all my other stuff in the spare room(Part 2)
Part 1 with everyday clothes and shoes.
Part 2 with shoes, purses, sweatshirts, sweater, ect
All these are sweatshirts with the exception of 3 thin jackets on the end.

It is amazing how many sweat shirts one girl can have. 18 hoodies, 16 zippered hoodies and 7 matched sets(pants and zippered hoodies).  That is what was taken up so much space. Why do I have so many? I have wore everyone of them this Winter with the exception of the some of the sets. I think I have a hoody addiction. The collection includes 3 from the college I go to now, 1 from the college I will transfer to, an Army one, a Ford one, ratty ol' OU,  4 Aeropostal, Victoria Secret, at least 3 Fox, 2 Depeche Mode, many from places I have been, Pooh, Rainbow Bright, Disneyland...I do love me some SWEATSHIRTS!!!!!!
Love that I have organization now for all my pretties!
I organized my shoes, purses, totes and hats.  Sweater organizer went in Part 2 along with dressy clothes and winter tops. I feel like I really accomplished something.  I don't know how happy Charlie is because he said it was"Ok for now" BAH!! For now....we'll see.

3 comments:

Sistergirl said...

Dream Closet, my hinny! The girl that has a closet like that really has another one stuffed to the gills!!! Or maybe she spent all her money on the closet and can only afford 5 outfits and 20 pairs of shoes. :)

Debbee said...

No kidding...but it was the prettiest one I could find. I would move her few pieces out and move my stuff in! I know how to fill a closet!

Christine Murray said...

I love that dream closet! It's much more practical than Carrie Bradshaw's shoe room.

Post a Comment