Thursday, May 5, 2011

My Thoughts on This Mother's Day.

1997

Thoughts on Mothers day from a young Mom....well I'm not young now but I was a young Mom. I became a Mom 2 months after I turned 21.  I know some of you are saying "That's not young." and others are saying "Wow ..you were young". Well in the scheme of things
 I was young but I was in love...and almost married.  I meet my husband in February 1988, NOT love at first sight but I was tricked into talking to him on the phone a week after I meet him at a "house party" in Canyon Country. I have this sly friend who lied to both of us. She thought "we would make a cute couple"...That was her excuse for tell each of us that the other one wanted each others phone numbers. Well we fell in love and 4 week later(yes 1 month) we were engaged.  Well this is not a story about just my husband and I (yes 22 years later and still hot for each other) but about the boy who made me a Mother. A young Mother and what I want to tell you is my
Top 10 Reason I Love Being A Young Mom"
10) Recovery: I had a great body that bounced right back after giving birth...6 week weight 121..Weight after giving birth 127. Loss of 19 lbs. in 18 hours.
9)Tatas: I was the first of my friends to have a baby so was not pressured into breast feeding.I still have great tata's.(If I knew what I know now I would have BF)
8) Energy: I had energy to deal with a 2 year old... ask me then and I didn't think I did but I really don't have the energy now to deal with a baby 24/7 now.
7) Companionship: You'll have a company. Being young and starting out my husband had to work a lot...I mean a lot.  I always had my son to keep me company.
6) A Co-Pilot: I commuted but had my son in a Preschool in the area where I worked. we had that extra 2 hours a day to be together. (I do not condone childcare now but I did what I had to do.)
5) Our Parents were Young Grandparents: My parents and Hubster's parents were young as well.  I was blessed with in laws who watched our son 2 days a week.
4) Music: I influenced his music as much as he influenced mine.
3) Activities: We are young enough to be able to take him skiing and dirt bike riding and be able to participate. .
2) Enjoyment: Able to see eye to eye with some one who is only 20 years younger.  I have had so much fun with my son.  He is funny, loving, compassionate, a great care taker, a good listener, silly, and real. He can tell me anything and know that I will love him regardless.
1) Grandparent-dom: As a young parents you can't help but having your child who follows in your foot steps(remember I've been married 22 years) My baby made me a Grammy at 42!! I love it. (and he was the same age I was when I had him)
My Baby and His Family

0 comments:

Post a Comment