Thursday, June 3, 2010

I love gardening, especially in my jammies

So this is my front yard. My house is in desperate need of a paint job. Actually we will be adding on to the front of our house by creating a porch.I can't wait. I love my house and it is kind of cute, has great trees(with the exception of 3 weeks in spring, aha choo I will really enjoy having a porch.
This is what the add on will look like.
Anyway I planted some Dalia's and a tomato plant in the whiskey barrel.  I know...tomatoes with Dalia's? I don't have any where else to plant it since my son has tomatoes and strawberries planted in my barrels in the backyard. We have not established a garden in the backyard as we have dogs that would wreck it. Someday we will but for now we use whiskey barrels.



I put up my Sunflower I painted when I was a kid on my fence.

and here are my Lillie's about ready to bloom.

This is the front yard improvement my husband is working on right now.  He has brought in dirt to raise the yard so it is not sloped.  He also needed to cover up the Mulberry Tree roots because they were getting a little crazy and it was hard to mow the lawn properly.

Next he will put a stackable brick wall as a retaining wall to keep the dirt in place, a walk way to the far side of the yard down to the sidewalk and it will be beautiful...once we get grass to grow.  See Charlie is more of a grass seed guy then a sod guy.

This is the kind of wall we will be building.
Thanks for letting me chat about my front yard doings and as for the tile of the blog...I was in my PJ's when I did my gardening yesterday morning(t shirt and leggings) I don't think anyone noticed.
This is my adorable cat Duffy...I found him in this very yard when he was about 5 weeks old.  We think someone dumped him.  He was so cute I just could not take him to the pound since I could not find anyone to adopt him from me.  That was 2005

0 comments:

Post a Comment