Thursday, June 24, 2010

My Granddaughters First Blanket


A week ago Monday I completed a blanket for my granddaughter who was yet to be born.  I have been so busy that the panels were cut out but that was as far as I had gotten with it.  Back when my son and daughter in law found out they were pregnant I had bought the fabric.  My husband and I were on vacation in Carpenteria, California. The thing about Carpenteria is that it has my favorite quilt shop: Treasure Hunt and that is what it was...a hunt for the perfect neutral fabric  first for my first grandchild. At this point we did not know she was a girl.  What ended up getting was this adorable toile panel by Michael Miller Fabric . I cut the blocks apart and reassembled with strips of cream chenille and squares the same size of the panel squares out of cream Kona cotton. The back is a solid piece of cream chenille. I did not quilt this blanket since I did not use batting not want the blanket to be too heavy since we have at least 4 more months of summer left here in the Southern California desert. This blanket was very simple but I think this came out great. Sometime simple is all that is called for.This post is part of the I Made It Blog Party at Everything Etsy

Well she decided to come the next day and arrived at 2:08 am on Wednesday one week ago. Here she is the Grammie and her blanket.

0 comments:

Post a Comment