Saturday, March 13, 2010

Almond Blossom Festival, Crafts and a My Friend Amber

Well the best part of the Almond Blossom Festival was the time I got to visit with friend.  It was so windy and cold today that if you were not in the sun you were shivering. Hats, glove, and scarves were mandatory and thank goodness I took mine and wore my wool pea coat. On top of the wind, people just were not buying today. I was in the booth with one person who was selling clothes and the other person, my friend Amber is selling cute hair clip flowers she calls Ambows. They are so cute, I should have taken a picture. Here are photos she has on Facebook. She also has one item she has listed on Etsy http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=35451431.


I have quit a few of her hair clips and I love them. I wear them in my hair and I also clip them on my beanies to spice up the plain black ones. She does a great job and is really creative. I think she sold about 5-10 hair clips. I wish I could say that I had alot of sales but I only sold 1 thing and that was to the other girl Kim that was in the booth with us. I think the problem was with my display. No one knew they were charms to go on necklaces. I also had marketed them as Fibromyalgia Charms instead of Scrabble Tile Charms. I have redone my display and hope for better luck tomorrow. I will be praying tonight to the Spirits of the Antelope Valley Wind for them to just take a break.

0 comments:

Post a Comment