Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Starting College at 42, my first sale and my crafty daughter in law.

So today was my one real school day of the week.  I went to my Educating The Disabled Class. I am taking this class to get an AA/Certificate for an Instructional Aide. If I can handle school this time around I will move on to get my teaching degree. I want to work in Special Education so this is a great first class.... yes I did say first class. I will be at this for awhile. I really do like college. I hope my other classes are as pleasant. My professor is great, the other students are nice and the topic is very interesting.  We have our first exam next Monday so I will need to really study this week. I'm not worried,  I just want to get an A. So far we have only had 1 assignment to be turned in. I said it was an easy class.
Well today I listed some of the Scrabble Tile Charms I made over the weekend in my Etsy shop.   http://www.etsy.com/shop/backroomcreations.  I then posted a link to my shop on Facebook. Since I  belong to a couple of Fibromyalgia Groups I desided to offered discount to them. It work!!! I got my first sale of a Fibro Awareness Charm. Yes!  I am so happy. So upon returning home from class I could not wait to get started on more Charms. I finally resolved the bleeding of the ink on the Fibromyalgia pdf's.  I knew my cosmotology license would come in handy...I used clear nail polish to seal the images. I will have  ready to be photographed and listed in the morning. I even thought to add rhinestones to a few for some extra bling. Well I hope to have success with these charms because it will raise awareness of this disease and I can make some money, because I need to make some money.
Tonight I will post my daughter in law's craft projects for everyone to see..enjoy.
The first one is the figures she made for my son on this 21st birthday last month.












The 2nd one is here work in progress of her parents sitting on a chair.  Her mom asked her to make this for her so I guess this is her first commissioned piece. (Please note that she is not done, this is not yet an accurate dipiction of her mothers hair)

1 comments:

Sistergirl said...

Glenna is very talented. Love moms hear....can you say male pattern baldness..jk! Can't wait to see the finished art piece. You two are just crafting fools! Love you both♥

Post a Comment