Thursday, March 4, 2010

Fibromyalgia Program Session 3 continued

Good morning and I wish you a good day.  Yesterday was a great day in my Fibro Rehab program. We had 2 new people come in and one person left.  I have to say I really like the group of women I in my group. With each visit I feel less alone in this. Other then  the pain and cognetive problems, the hardest thing to deal with when suffering from Fibromyalgia or Chronic Fatigue is the that no one know how you feel. That leads to deeper depression, more pain and less activity. My experience is that when people don't understand they tend to avoid you. I know commuication works both ways but when you have been so isolated because of your pain, you do not have much to say other then how bad you feel physically and mentally.Well paricipating in this group has made me feel that I am not the only person in the world going throught this.  FMS/CFS is a very lonely disease.
My sessions wth my Neuropsycologist, just listening to her talk it is like she is in my head, has brought me to tears everytime I have a session with her. I feel silly and don't quite know why I am crying all the time. A person with fibromyalgi tends to be in denial and that may be the reason. Talking about my feeling and saying out loud "I am sick and will never be healed" is such a sad thing. Yeah I am learning to manage my symptoms but they will never go away. I will always be waiting for that one thing that triggers a "Flare". I am working on coming to terms with this disease and for the frst time in 5 years I am hopeful for a more pain free life.  I am learning to modify my life to keep the pain away for good. Well off to do my stretches and walk so I can start my day as my 7:ooam alarm willbe going off soon.
Wish me luck in my first day of Cake Decorating Class. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment